THE SCANDI CONCEPT
Sailboat model with deckhouse
The Scandi Concept involves sailboats with deckhouse, which gives a spectacular panoramic view from the salon and the navigation seat. This gives sailing new dimensions and the 360 view makes cold and wet night shifts outside in the cockpit nothing but a memory. It is warm, quiet and dry inside the deckhouse and navigation seat, easy to navigate and communicate at the same time with the person sitting in the cockpit. This way you can easily follow from the inside what is happening both on deck and around the surroundings.
The boats were developed from idea to finished product by Scandi Yachts in collaboration with naval architect Ulf Rögeberg at the helm and the local designer Tor Hinders. Rögeberg himself is an experienced and skilled sailor from Norway, known for drawing fast hulls with well-functioned deck arrangements, efficient rigs and sailing plan.
The basic idea in planning the Scandi Concept was to develop a pleasant and practical sailboat to live in under extended trips at sea. In the deckhouse one can sit indoors protected from weather and wind yet with a full view of everything that happens outside.
The elevated main cabin in the deckhouse gives a 360° view from the navigation station and the sofa.
- Engine controls at the navigation station
- U-shaped sofa with adjustable dining table
- Ventilated wet locker
- Large windows all around the deckhouse give generous natural light
- Integrated steps and swim platform
- Large stowage in forepeak for sails, fenders and equipment
- Sliding door in glass to the deckhouse
- Interior in walnut combined with bright wallpaper
- Cork flooring – non-slippery and gives a soft and comfortable feeling to walk on
- Cork has a sound-absorbing effect and does not get as hot as teak on hot summer days
- Forecabin with a big double berth, sofa, lockers and wardrobes
- Aft cabin with double berth and one single berth, seating with table, lockers and large storage
- Soles in cork
- Considerably large workspace in Corian
- Two sinks
- Oven, microwave, fan, refrigerator and freezer
- Seagoing gas cooker enables cooking while sailing
The building of Scandi 42, little sister to Scandi 52, was done during the summer 2020. Scandi 42 was launched for the public on Uiva floating boat show in Helsinki 13-16.8.2020
The idea of this boat is that it should be as functional as Scandi 52 but in a smaller format. The deckhouse is standard in this concept. It is designed to be sailed by a small crew.
Fast offshore cruising boat.
Scandi 52 was built in the early 90s.
Interior solutions, equipment and detailed functions are based on experience of own sailing and with over 30 years of work at leading boatyards.